Promote food security and livelihoods
Improve food security through increased food production and promotion of market oriented livelihood diversification
MF activities are built on Youth & Women Empowerment Education (YWEE). MF conducts seminars on the link between leadership and good governance, community needs, gender rights and responsibilities, the environment and poverty. The organization engages in building resilience in economic empowerment in the youth and women in the grassroots, by developing proposals in order to get government projects. This includes agricultural practices, leadership governance and capacity building for their committees. MF has been building market linkages for the groups it supports; this is in the area of provision of agricultural information, destination buyers and financial institutions.
Improve food security through increased food production and promotion of market oriented livelihood options.
Agriculture is the main source of income in the County. It accounts for 78% of the total household income. Therefore because agriculture is a key driver of economic growth,
- Set up a Farmer Field School to train farmers:
- Promote adoption commercially oriented, climate-resilient agricultural practices through improvements in productivity, post-production management practices and market linkages for targeted value chains;
- Support investment in the development of agro based industries like fruits processing and honey refining;
- Advocate for efficient rural finance and credit supply systems for small scale farmers;
- Support capacity improvement in the governance of farmers’ cooperatives.